Saturday, March 23, 2013

Claudia

There was a time when I didn't dread the coming of night.  Didn't dread the night life of the city. That was before I met Claudia.  She changed everything for me.
One night around midnight, after having a few drinks at the bar, I stopped in one of my favorite diners for coffee and pancakes. The place wasn't a real looker. It had old neon pepsi and coke signs on the window, yellow and white tiles on the floor and tables that seemed to have time traveled straight from the 70s. Not a beautiful place but it was the smell of breakfast and coffee wafting though the place that was so welcoming and enticing. Reminded me of younger years spent at my grandma's.
There were a couple of other people there sitting alone at their tables, sipping on coffee hunched over their day old newspaper. Insomniacs like me, finding ways to pass the time. I was sitting in a booth facing the door in the furthest corner when she walked in. I heard the bells hanging from the door handle clang together and looked over. She looked so beautiful standing there in a skin tight black dress. I was immediately attracted to her beyond any girl I had ever seen before. We made quick eye contact as she went up to the counter and ordered a coffee and some eggs. I turned my attention back to my coffee and phone.
A few moments passed and as suddenly as she had walked in she sat down in my booth across from me.
"Uhh...hey..." I said surprised.
"You don't mind, do you?" she replied placing her purse on the table. Of course I didn't mind, she was very attractive and smelled amazing. Something about her fragrance made her even that much more beautiful and sexy. I felt intoxicated by her beauty. I had never felt this overwhelmed by someone.
"Do I know you?" I asked. I wouldn't say familiar but something about her felt reminiscent. I wasn't quite sure what it was but I felt some kind of connection.
"I don't think so," she said as she started digging through her purse. She had dark red hair, crimson lipstick on and very pale skin. She had curves in all the right places and I couldn't control how overwhelmingly attracted I was to her.
I looked quickly around at all the other empty booths.
"Don't like the other booths?" I asked.
"Oh, well, I don't like taking a whole booth to myself. Plus I like having company. You don't care right?"
"I guess not," I said as I took another sip of my coffee. "I guess I could use some company too."
"I got some eggs coming, you can have some if you'd like," she said pulling her phone out of her purse.
"Nah, its okay. I got some pancakes coming myself." I grabbed my cup of coffee again and realized I was empty.
"So, what's your name?" she asked as she placed her phone down.
"Jerry," I replied.
"Claudia."
I reached my hand over the table and shook her hand.
"Nice to meet you Claudia. So what brings you out these late hours and to this wonderful diner?"
"Oh, I'm definitely a night owl. I'm always up when the sky is dark. I love the night life and I dunno, sometimes I need to change things up and grab some eggs and coffee to you know, remind myself of the day that I missed."
"I understand that. Sometimes I wake up so late after a heavy night of drinking that I missed the whole day. I've slowly realized my body doesn't recover as quickly as it used to."
"Yes, age is brutal to the body. Can't imagine what that feels like."
"Well, don't worry about it, you're young, beautiful and by the looks of things, very far away from those years."
She smirked, "Yes, very far away. You don't look very old."
"30 and thanks."
The waitress came to the table and placed our plates down. She refilled my coffee and set down some fresh cream packets. That lovely smell of buttermilk pancakes quickly snaked up my nostrils. I briefly remembered my grandma's old kitchen with her homely aroma of coffee and sweet pancake batter on the stove. It was quickly replaced by Claudia's intoxicating fragrance. Her perfume, her scent, was so pleasant it over powered everything we had on the table.
After a few minutes of enjoying my pancakes I noticed she wasn't touching her eggs. She was just gazing down looking into nothing, lost in thought. I continued to eat my pancakes with each bite sobering me up and reminding me of my youth. Then she said, "do you wanna go somewhere with me?"
I looked up from my plate, "where to?" I asked curiously.
"Just somewhere. I got a place in mind, it'll be fun."
At first my instincts were telling me finish your pancakes and head home but I felt so comfortable with her, so lost in her beauty. I didn't want leave her side.
"Sure, why not."
"Lets go now."
"Alright, let me pay and we can head out."
"No, lets just leave right now."
"Okay," I couldn't get myself to challenge her.
We walked out and started heading south down 50th. I wasn't quite sure where she was taking me, there was nothing down that way. Just apartment buildings and old alley ways. But I didn't care, as long as I was with her. She grabbed my hand and we walked a few blocks. We finally turned into an alley.
"This is good," she said.
"Good for what?" I asked.
Then she started kissing me and grabbing me. I lost all control inside the powerful lustful feeling of sex and intimacy. Everything seemed like a blur of ecstasy and arousal. I remember the taste of her tongue and the softness of her lips; the last things I remember. I only vaguely remember anything more after that. I wake up in my bed with a sore neck and ripped clothes. There was crusted dry blood on my forearm but no cuts or wounds on me except for two small scabs on my neck. I tried desperately to remember what happened but could not. I get bits and pieces like pain, warm blood on my face, and glowing eyes.
There was a time I didn't dread the coming of night. A time where the taste and smell of coffee and pancakes took me back to my grandma's old kitchen, took me back to younger years. I miss those days of simple times of taste and smell. Before Claudia. These days all I remember is her intoxicating fragrance and the taste of iron and metal on her tongue. She comes and I dread the night. I no longer live in the daylight.  I have been damned and everything of my past life now gone as a distant memory.  I long for the days of sipping on coffee and enjoying a pancake or two, though those times are all but lost now, for I can't remember the smell or taste of pancakes and coffee anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment