Thursday, March 8, 2012

My real Father

This happened about a year ago and my family is still upset and freaked out by it, we still don't have a definite explanation.

One day I get a call from my sister complaining to me that she didn't appreciate the call I gave her at 3 in the morning the previous night just to breath into the phone.  I told her I never called her but she said it was my number that showed up on her called i.d.  She said it woke the baby up and that it was a sick joke and to never do it again. No matter how many times I told her I never called she wouldn't believe me.  I checked my call history and sure enough my phone had made a phone call to her at 3 in the morning.

Later I get a voicemail from a a private number.  I check it and at first its just breathing and I'm about to hang up but then some man's voice says "you looked so peaceful sleeping. I gave your sister a call but I don't think she appreciated me calling though."  I got really frightened.  Had someone come into my room just to use my phone?  It didn't make any sense.  I didn't tell my sister at first, I didn't want her to worry with her taking care of the baby and all, I just kept it to myself for a few days.

Then I got a call from my sister's number a few days later.  I answer it and at first its just breathing and I think its my sister trying to get me back for the other night but then his voice came through low and deep, "your sister has your mother's eyes," he said.  "Who is this?" I asked.  "Your father Thomas," and hangs up.  At first I was confused because my dad's name is Michael so now I'm kinda creeped out.  I immediately call back over and over but everytime it went straight to voicemail.  With every call I make that goes to voicemail my mind wanders further into scary thoughts like maybe someone was at my sister's house that wasn't supposed to or maybe something has happened.  I get freaked out and decide I'm just going to go over to her house since I live about 15 minutes away anyway.  I jump into my car and rush over to her house.  I bang on the front door and my sister finally opens it.  I was relieved but she looked like she had no clue why I was visiting.  I asked her about the phone call but she was completely oblivious to it and her husband was at work, it was just her and the baby at the house.  I told her what happened but she told me that her phone was sitting right in front of her on the coffee table the whole time.  I grabbed it and scrolled through the history and there it was, a call made to my phone.  Someone must have been here without her knowing and made the call, no matter how impossible it sounded.

Later that day, my mom came over to my sister's house and we told her about the whole thing.  After the creepy phone call I just kept having crazy thoughts and needed answers.  I just wanted to ask just for the sake of not having any unasked questions, I wanted to know if we were adopted.  My mom said of course not, we were her flesh and blood.  That relieved me a bit but then I asked if Michael was my biological father and at first she looked uncomfortable that I asked and I was about to drop it when she said that there's something she's been wanting to tell us for years.  She finally came clean and told us that Michael wasn't our biological father.  I asked who was and she said his name was Thomas.  I was a little perplexed about why she had kept it a secret for so long.  She told me that our father was an abusive alcoholic and that this guy who called couldn't possibly be our father.  I asked why and she said because he had been dead for 27 years, he killed himself shortly after my sister was born.  We have never gotten another call from him since then but coincidentally we realized my sister gave birth to her baby 27 years to the day of his suicide and named her baby Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment