Monday, March 19, 2012

Skyrim

This was a freaky thing that just happened to me while playing Skyrim again.  After watching "Game of Thrones" I was in the mood for some Skyrim action.  I have it for the xbox so I put it in and begin a new profile.  I play for a few days and get passed where *spoiler: Skjor gets killed by the Silver Hand.  I take his armor and use it as my own because its free and its the best I have that early in the game.  I did it the first time I played through and figured why not do it again.

A few days and numerous side quests later I was wandering the countryside when I see a naked character headed straight toward me moving straight through trees and terrain as if they weren't there.  I get closer and see that it must be some kind of glitch because the person is half sticking out of the ground with only his torso showing and its head faced upward toward the sky frozen but moving.  Then I realize its Skjor.  I follow him for a while and realize his half naked body is headed back to Whiterun.  I think nothing of it, just a glitch. Later in the game I go back to Jorrvaskr where Skjor is not only alive and naked but still giving me the same lines about proving myself to the Companions.  I look it up and find out its a common glitch with that character but don't really find a specific cause for it.  However what happened next I'm not so sure was a glitch.

Days later after playing a few hours making iron daggers and increasing my enchantment skill I save while in Winterhold and turn off my xbox and head to bed.  Later that night I wake up to low sounding bass.  I listen for a moment and it sounds like low pounding drums.  At first I thought it was coming from my neighbor upstairs but then recognize its the drums from the main menu of Skyrim.  I figured someone was playing Skyrim late night.  I struggled to get back to sleep and I then hear Skjor's voice talking about how the Dragonborn still has to prove himself.  This time it distinctely sounded like it came from my living room.  So I get up to check it out and see a soft glow on the wall from around the corner from my television.  I turn the corner and see my t.v. not only on but with Skjor standing close to the screen naked staring silently.  My xbox had turned back on and my character had also gone back to Jrrovaskr and was staring at Skjor but it really felt like he was staring at me through the screen.  I was about to turn it off when I see a shadowy figure move out of the corner of the living room towards the television and disappear behind it.  I don't know how my television turned on or how my character had returned to Jrrovaskr but I turned it off and don't plan on playing Skyrim anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment