Monday, April 2, 2012

I Think My Apartment May Be Haunted

So I go out of town for work sometimes and I'll be gone usually for a week on these trips.  I just recently got back from a trip and my boss gave me a three day weekend to recharge my batteries.  When I got back, I found some of my old photo albums in the overheard shelf in my closet had fallen spilling old pictures out on the ground.  I figured I must have just stacked too much crap in the closet and it just finally fell over but I picked up one of the albums and went through some of the pages and noticed that some of the pictures were missing.  I didn't really have an answer why they were missing, perhaps my mom had took some without me knowing.

With my three day weekend that my boss gave me, I used Saturday and Sunday to get most of my errands done so I could have Monday all to myself.  Both days I came back to picture frames on my walls fallen to the ground.  A few had broken but most were intact.  I thought it was weird that so many had fallen, so I just rehung them up.  I also noticed the photo albums from the closet were on the ground again with pictures scattered about.

Finally on Monday I got up a littler later than usual and took a shower. In my living room I have a full length mirror to the right side of my couch on the wall.  I was relaxing on the couch going through some things in my purse when out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like someone walk pass in the reflection of the mirror.  I got startled and turned immediately and naturally didn't see anyone.  My heart had jumped a beat and it still felt like someone was in the room with me.  I got up and headed toward the mirror to investigate. As I moved the angle in the mirror changed and I could see more of the room and saw a  quick glimpse of a man in the reflection turned away standing in the middle of my living room.  I immediately turned toward where the man should be but there was no one.  I turned back to the mirror and he was gone. I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me.  It was so brief that I didn't really know if I saw what I thought I saw but I was really freaked out and had to leave my apartment for a while.

I went shopping and when I came back I saw my landlord at the outside front door. We exchanged pleasantries and he said he had something for me.  He also lived in the complex so I went to his apartment on the main floor and waited at the door.  He handed me a small stack of pictures.  He asked if I knew my neighbor in room 308 and I said no, I had only lived in the apartment for a few months and never really got to know anyone.  He said he had found those pictures in my neighbor's apartment after he died.  I asked him when it was he died and he said just last week. I explained I was gone on my work trip that week and that was why I wasn't aware. Then I turned the pictures over and realized they were pictures of me, the ones missing from my photo albums.  I felt a shudder of fear run up my spine.  I asked how my neighbor had gotten these and my landlord didn't have an answer.  I asked him how he died and he said that my neighbor had been an alcoholic and had choked on his vomit in his sleep.  That was a sad way to go but then I asked him where exactly he found these pictures and he said they were in his bedroom next to his bed.  That fear in my spine from earlier grew to a thousand fingers all writhing around under my skin in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment